Tuesday, January 27

The fastest soup ever! Recipe

Ok, so I have NOTHING planned for tonight's dinner & tonight is supposed to be a quick night we run home, eat & go to our Book Club.  So I thought about what I had going bad in my fridge, a giant container of Spinach from over a week ago!  

I had some sauteed onions in the fridge, so I dumped them (about 2 TBSP) with SS&P, about a cup of chicken stock, and a handful of spinach (I just couldn't bring myself to really dig in & pick it over, so just grabbed the really nice looking leaves off the top, SO lazy!)
I gave it a whirl...
Meantime, I have a medium saucepan with about 3 cups of broth (and I tossed in a couple chunks of lemongrass) heating up.  Once it got reasonably warm, I added half a package of Rice Stick Noodles to that.
Added the contents of the blender to the pot, brought it all up to simmer & tasted, kinda good, but boring - added cumin, cayenne & paprika (abut 1 Tsp of - more if you like!).  Hmm... much better!
Once noodles were soft, I turned off the heat & gently stirred in some cream (about 3-4 TBSP) & served.  It might have been nicer to garnish with a little fresh parsley or cilantro, but who has time for that on Book Club night!??

No comments:

Bloggy Friends

Erin

My photo
Santa Susana, Ventura County, CA, United States
Me? Well....I have a day job selling travel to beautiful far away lands, and I love to travel - my job sort of supports & feeds the 'travel monster' inside me. But my other inner monster is: food in all it's facets. I have a 13 yr old DS from a previous life, and married the lovely JoeBacon a three years ago! I finally became a home-owner at that point, we did a huge addition/re-model right away to make the house a bit bigger & I got a wonderful new kitchen out of the deal! I've gone thru Culinary School twice (mostly for fun) 'cuz I love to cook! And thru reading/doing the Maker's Diet 2 years ago, became aware of Sally Fallon, Weston Price, etc...and now after about 9 months of exploring their world, I'm trying to really make it all part of mine. I've had some things turn out great & others have been miserable failures, but I'm learning a LOT (mostly from my fellow NT Bloggers)!! Now I'm enjoying my yard, garden, sprouting, baking bread, brewing Kombucha, using raw milk, making Kefir & Yogurt & just trying to find small ways to make yummy food better for us.