Sunday, November 23

Mexican Food ROCKS

Well, we just returned from a week in the Riviera Maya. We had a condo so I did do some minor 'cooking' during our stay to save on eating out. That said, we still did eat out & man do I love it! We had tacos arrachera, tacos al pastor, quesadillas, Sopa de Fideos Seco (so good!), lime soup, ceviche, lots of chips y salsa, some guacamole...and even that which wasn't phenomenal, was pretty darn good! Wash it down with some Corona's with lime & add a beachfront terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea & you've got yourself a DREAM! Well, I do, anyway! lol
While I love food in general, Mexican has definitely been one of my most favs for a very long time. It's funny, living where I do there are lots of Mexican 'implants', thus we have access to some great Mexican restaurants in the areas we frequent, but I really have only a few 'Mexican' items I make, and I wonder at their authenticity....I mean I can make a pretty yummy pico de gallo, but that's pretty darn easy. I make a very popular enchilada casserole, but it's far from authentic! Chicken & creamy soup....? Not so much in the traditional Mexican pantry! lol I'll have to work on that!
In the meantime, I really enjoy vacationing in this gorgeous country & look forward to many more trips, perhaps we can start moving away from the traditionally touristy spots & head inland....unfortunately, I'm having some serious technical issues with my camera so at the moment, I don't have any I can share, but stay tuned....

No comments:

Bloggy Friends

Erin

My photo
Santa Susana, Ventura County, CA, United States
Me? Well....I have a day job selling travel to beautiful far away lands, and I love to travel - my job sort of supports & feeds the 'travel monster' inside me. But my other inner monster is: food in all it's facets. I have a 13 yr old DS from a previous life, and married the lovely JoeBacon a three years ago! I finally became a home-owner at that point, we did a huge addition/re-model right away to make the house a bit bigger & I got a wonderful new kitchen out of the deal! I've gone thru Culinary School twice (mostly for fun) 'cuz I love to cook! And thru reading/doing the Maker's Diet 2 years ago, became aware of Sally Fallon, Weston Price, etc...and now after about 9 months of exploring their world, I'm trying to really make it all part of mine. I've had some things turn out great & others have been miserable failures, but I'm learning a LOT (mostly from my fellow NT Bloggers)!! Now I'm enjoying my yard, garden, sprouting, baking bread, brewing Kombucha, using raw milk, making Kefir & Yogurt & just trying to find small ways to make yummy food better for us.